Providing you with a secure and convenient banking experience is our first priority. We are constantly working to ensure your protection from financial crimes – a global Problem – such as fraud, cybercrime, or accounting fraud. With your support, we can enhance your security further. We will regularly share tips with you to prevent such crimes.
How can I protect myself from phone scams?
Please be aware that AAIB never ask for confidential information (PIN, CVV and card expiry date) over phone.
Do not give your personal data or credit card details over the phone unless you made the call yourself or the phone call came from trusted source and well-known phone number.
How can I protect myself when using my AAIB card?
- Never give your card to anyone for any reason.
- Never let anyone assist you at an ATM, even if they appear to be official security personnel.
- Beware of people standing close to you when you are concluding transactions at an ATM.
- Ensure you hide your PIN when keying it into an ATM.
- Never use an ATM that looks tampered with or damaged.
- Always use an ATM in a well-lit area.
- Do not let your card out of your sight in the merchant.
- Check your bank balance frequently.
- Use chip and PIN cards where possible and applicable.
- Sign the back of your debit or credit card on the signature panel as soon you receive it.
- Always know where your cards are and keep them in a safe place.
- Report any lost, stolen cards and any unusual transaction immediately (19555).
- If you suspect any abnormal device on the ATM , Don’t deal with it directly and report to call center immediately
How can I protect myself from Identity Theft?
Millions of people are victims of identity theft every year. Whilst AAIB will do all it can to protect you. There are some simple steps you can take to protect yourself:
- Do not give your personal details to anyone who phones or sends you unsolicited emails.
- Never carry details of your home address and your bankcards or PIN together in case they are stolen.
- Always keep your passwords secure and never disclose them to a third party.
- Check your statements regularly for any unusual transactions.
- Shred bills, bank statements and other documents containing your personal details before disposing of them
- If you use social networking websites, display as little personal data as possible
For more information, Click Here